Competition structure: elimination round, semifinal and final
From this year the International Chamber Music Competition will carry out preselection by video recording, as follows:
- APPLICATIONS: entrants must send their application, together with their video, by and no later than 31 January 2022
- PRESELECTION BY VIDEO: 25 ensembles will chosen from the applicants by the jury: results will be communicated by 13 March 2022.
- COMPETITION ROUNDS:
– 6 – 11 March, Pinerolo (To): Elimination round and semifinals (Patrizia Cerutti Bresso Hall)
– 12 March, Turin: Final (Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi Concert Hall)
– 12 March, Turin: Winners’ Concert (Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi Concert Hall, 8.30 pm)
Should the pandemic emergency continue into 2023, making it impossible to conduct the live competition rounds on the dates planned, the organizing committee will make the decision either to postpone the competition or to conduct it online.
As is our custom, the elimination round and the semifinals of the Competition will be held in the concert hall of the Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo and will be open to the public (free admission, from 9 am – 1 pm / 2 pm – 7 pm), offering them an opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of the competition, unique in its vibrant energy and emotion, as well as the chance to hear live performances from some of the most talented young musicians on the international music scene.
The final of the 2021 competition, a concert in which the 6 finalist ensembles performed, the closing celebrations and the prize-giving were held in the prestigious Concert Hall of the Giuseppe Verdi Conservatoire of Turin. To facilitate transfers from Pinerolo we provided a free shuttle bus with seat reservation.